Thursday, January 29, 2026

A home for my voice

 I spend a lot of time thinking and observing. I am an introvert and an INTJ, which means I live a large part of my life inside my head. Over time, and especially as I grow older, I have realised that the small things are becoming more and more fascinating to me. A rock on the ground. A fallen leaf on the path. A meal being prepared. A group of teenagers at the mall. I keep noticing that there is a lesson in almost everything, or at least there is something worth paying attention to. I believe deeply in the African proverb that says, even a small stream has a story. 

This blog exists because of that noticing. It is not about giving answers, nor is it about arriving at neat conclusions. These are just notes, wondering, questions, and the places where my thoughts wander. Most of the time, this is simply what is running through my mind, because I am always in my mind. Thinking. Rethinking. Turning things over. Trying to understand myself, people, two chickens and the world a little better. 

I wanted to create a space where I can put these thoughts and return to them, reading again to see how they have changed over time. But I also wanted a place where others can see them because there is no real harm in letting people in. Someone might find something interesting here. Someone might find something useful or something familiar. Like the African proverb (I love these a lot), wisdom is like a baobab tree; no one person can embrace it alone. We learn by sharing and we grow by listening to each other. 

This space is also about learning and sharing from my experiences. You may learn about who I am, about where I am and the different places I go to. You will probably also learn about my culture because my observations come through the lens of being Ugandan. You may also learn about where I am going, in all the ways a person can be going. 

Sometimes this will be a place where I simply pour my thoughts through writing and maybe stumble into answers I did not know I was looking for. Sometimes it will be a place to place things.

For me writing is a way of staying close to myself. So this is a home for my voice.

If you are here, you are invited to read, invited to sit for a while, invited to make your own observations about life because life continues.

There is so much happening all the time and it is easy to move through it without really seeing. This is my moment to stop, reflect, ground and look closely; closely enough to watch and catch lightning strike because it disappears quickly. And it would be a shame not to notice. 

2 comments:

  1. Already love this introduction! I’m fascinated by your curious mind and unique perspectives, and I cannot wait to dive in as you bring us along your journey of discovery. 🩵

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!. I hope the journey ahead keeps you curious, entertained and thinking because that is exactly what I am experiencing as I write it. I am excited to have you along.

    ReplyDelete

How to run an ultramarathon: Wrong answers only.

Tomorrow, I am running 50 kilometres. Naturally, I have prepared. Here is everything I have learned about successfully completing a 50K ultr...